Barbed wire is one of the most widely used products for fencing purposes. Its application for security purposes ranging from not just residential homes but also industrial plots and agricultural farms. Its characterised by a double twisted wire with barbs placed at proportionate intervals. The reason for its wide popularity is because it’s easy-to-use and is highly economical. A brand which has revolutionised the way barbed wire is produced and marketed has been 'Shinestar' .
The 'Shinestar' brand of barbed wire was launched in 2008 and within a short-space of time, it has already become one of the best & most respected barbed wires available in the country. It is exclusively marketed by Evershine – India’s largest chain of wirenetting stores resulting in wide availability of the product across the country and excellent service promise. The barbed wire manufactured is the best in class and as per IS: 278 standards with the sharpest barb and highest wire quality resulting in peace of mind to the end consumer.
The following are the prominent features of the ‘Shinestar’ Barbed Wire:
- It is manufactured from superior quality Hot Dip Galvanized Iron (HDGI) resulting in it being extremely long lasting & rust-resistant. It is also anti-abrasive and non-corrosive resistant to adverse weather conditions.
- It is made as per IS: 278 specifications with uniform distances between two barbs, correct barb length and best-in-class sharpness leading to the best protection of your properties.
- It is manufactured by Lowa type double-twisting as per IS:278 standards using ultra-tech modern machines.
- It possesses a strong handle which helps to carry it without actually hurting hands.
- Each bundle is marked by a tag which indicates the dimensions, weight & length of the coil resulting in quality assurance and transparency to the customer.
- A robust distribution network across 8 Indian states ensures easy availability with excellent customer service.
- The end product results in over 10% savings to the customer owing to correct size, weight & length. It is further competitively priced in the market resulting in phenomenal value for money to the buyer.
Shinestar Barbed Wire is made out of HDGI (Hot Dip Galvanized Iron) or PVC Coated GI Wire. It is made from two twisted strands of wire with four ends of sharp barbed points. The different varieties of Barbed Wire that are usually made are as follows:
|Dimensions (Strand Dia x Barb Dia)
||12 swg * 12 swg
12 swg * 14 swg
14 swg * 14 swg
||20gsm – 100gsm
||3inches – 5inches
Based on the customer’s requirements the barbed wire can be made according to a combination of any of the specifications listed above. The approximate length per kilo in metres is given by the table below:
||3'' Barb Spacing
||4'' Barb Spacing
||5'' Barb Spacing
| 12 x 12
|12 x 14
|14 x 14
For the product readily available in the market, Shinestar Barbed Wire’s standardized length and weight are as follows:
| Type (SWG)
|| Standardized Weight per bundle (+/- 1000g)
|| Standardized Length per bundle (metre)
|| Length in feet
| 12 x 12
| 12 x 14
|14 x 14
Barbed wire finds extensive usage in various industrial & non-industrial applications. It is predominantly used for fencing purposes as it is fabricated in such a manner that it has sharp edges or barbs arranged at intervals along the strand making it difficult for a human or animal to breach entry. It is generally used to construct fences around the borders of a property or to provide enhanced security to building & other private properties. Its range finds application in:
- Border areas & high security zones
- Trench warfare
- Group housing societies
- Embassies & VIP areas
- Schools & Colleges
- Animal husbandry
- Grass Boundary
- 1. I am unable to decide regarding which barbed wire type (12x12 or 14x14) to select, how do I choose?
Ans: As 12swg is thicker than a 14swg wire, it is assumed that the life of 12swg is slightly higher (approx 1 years) than that of a 14swg product. The key difference between the two types is that the 14swg is more economical than the 12swg product as you tend to get approx 10m per kilo in 14x14 compared to just 6m per kilo in 12x12. In the 12x14 you get a slightly higher life than a 14x14 and the length obtained per kilo is higher than the 12x12.
In a nutshell, if you are looking for a higher product life – go for the 12x12 and if you are looking at significant cost savings go for a 14x14. And if you seek an intermediate solution go for the 12x14. In all cases, the minimum you can expect of a ‘Shinestar’ barbed wire to last (irrespective of type) would be around 3 years.
- How long will it take for you to deliver barbed wire at my premises? Ans: If you are based in South or Central India we tend to maintain stocks at our branches, so you can get a delivery at your premises within 5-7 working days (barring extenuating circumstances). For all specialised orders and orders from North & North-east India we can deliver you products within 10-12 working days.
- 3. If I install Shinestar barbed wire today, how long can I expect the product to last? Ans: All Shinestar barbed wires are made out of superior quality Hot Dip Galvanized Iron (HDGI) and are rust-resistant and corrosion-free and manufactured as per IS: 278 standards. The minimum life of a Shinestar Barbed wire is 3 years and can go up to 10 years depending on the product type.
- 4. What is gsm coating? How does it matter when I make my final choice? Ans: GSM stands for Grams per Square Metre – it is the grams of Zinc coated per square metre on the base wire. The higher the gsm coating the higher would be the product life. A Shinestar product with a 20gsm coating can be expected to last 2-3 years, 40gsm for about 4-5 years and 100gsm for about 8-10 years.
- 5. What is the relevance of barb spacing on the final product? What should be the ideal spacing? Ans: The closeness of the barb spacing determines the effectiveness of the barbed wire as a security measure. The farther the barb space the more economical it gets but it might not be as effective for security purposes. For residential purposes it is suggested to go for the 3’’ barb spacing whilst larger areas such as highways fencing can go for 4’’ barb spacing or greater. .